- This format is most familiar to employers
- Best for job candidates with relevant experience for the position
- Presents your education and experience in reverse chronological order
- Lists job title, date, organization, location and brief description of jobs
Click the link to see a sample of a chronological resume in a new browser tab or window.
- Focuses attention on areas of skill necessary for success in the position
- May be better for candidates with minimal work experience
- Highlights your skills and accomplishments rather than your work history
Click the link to see a sample of a functional_resume in a new browser tab or window.